Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Limited is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
Job Title:Production Technologist
Job Type:Full Time
Reports to: The Head Subsurface
- Monitor and evaluate well, reservoir and field performance with a view to optimizing daily production and recoverable reserves through the design of well completions (particularly horizontal completions) and artificial lift methods, understanding the constraints on the wells, reservoirs and facilities
- Identify areas of poor performance and formulate solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity
- Initiate and participate in the design and programming of well completions, in particular horizontal completions, with the aim of optimizing well inflow performance for the (mostly horizontal) liner completions
- Assist in drawing up a sand management strategy, addressing monitoring, prediction and exclusion methods
- Provide Production technology input to field development plans, including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, risks and uncertainties, etc.
- Advise operating departments on the physical constraints applicable to the well / reservoir / field production (e.g. sand, water, gas production, scaling potential, corrosion potential, etc.
- Actively search for improvements, keeping abreast of new technology and incorporating it where applicable to improve the Company’s overall effectiveness.
- Minimum of ten (10) years practical production technology experience with an operating company or specialist service company
- Degree in Engineering and Physical Sciences
SPE or any related professional qualification will be ideal.
Job Title:Reservoir Engineer
Job Type:Full Time
Reporting Line: Reports to the Head Subsurface
- Conducts reservoir simulation studies to determine optimum methods of maximizing ultimate oil recovery and enhance individual well performance.
- Propose studies with the objectives to improve field management.
- Perform Reservoir Engineering studies related to classical analytical techniques (material balance analysis, fractional flow, decline analysis, numerical techniques) for primary depletion and secondary recovery (water/gas injection) projects.
Production/Oil Recovery Support:
- Monitors production from field, analyses all relevant data and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is optimized and recoveries are optimal.
- Develop strategies to improve field production and recovery.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluate, interpret results and recommend optimum methods of performance monitoring.
- Prepare detailed short, medium and long-term production forecasts.
- Establish reservoir management strategies where they do not exist and update existing policies and procedures in line with statutory regulations.
- Manage and direct reservoir surveillance activities (MER, BHP etc.) and reservoir definition and behaviour prediction.
- Employ standard procedures and guidelines to estimate oil and gas reserves, and prepare/ document Annual Report of Producing Reservoirs (ARPR).
- Challenge/screen well proposals and perform well evaluations and post mortem reviews.
- Conduct, document and present field reviews and further development proposals.
- Study and rank potential infill, recompletion and work-over targets
- Ensure migration of reservoir engineering studies/ projects from third party contractor(s) and formulate implementation plans.
- Ensure that all Reservoir Engineering work is performed to a quality standard which fits the purpose for which it is intended.
- Attend data rooms, to gather and evaluate information and provide reservoir engineering input to the asset evaluation report.
- Implement Company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedure and regulation as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Participate in Operational duties outside office hours.
- Participate in Wells Engineering and Drilling activities in the company.
- Carry out other tasks as delegated by the Head Subsurface
- Minimum of ten (10) years reservoir management experience with an operating company or specialist service company
- University Degree in Petroleum Engineering or any related field service
- A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering will be an advantage
- Membership of professional bodies; e.g. Nigerian Society of Engineers, National Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPEE), Society for Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Registration with COREN etc. shall be an advantage
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company LinkedIn page.
Please share to friends