For over 30 years, International Medical Corps has worked to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance.
We are recruiting for the position below
Job Title: Consultant – Nutrition Coordinator
Department: Nutrition and Food Security
Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
PURPOSE OF CONSULTANCY
The purpose of the Consultancy is to assist International Medical Corps in delivering life-saving programs in disasters in a holistic and sustainable way, keeping in mind how the emergency response will set the ground for transitions and development programming.
- Conduct initial nutrition sector-specific assessments and make technical recommendations for appropriate activities, both for initial disaster response phase and for longer-term disaster risk reduction and transition phase.
- At the field level, provide assessments of the nutrition situation as it relates to food security, WASH, and Health. Be able to assess health sector’s ability to respond to the nutritional needs of acutely malnourished children and make recommendations to the International Medical Corps ERT and to headquarters on how to best respond to those needs programmatically.
- Be able to determine the cause of the malnutrition in the emergency response and formulate appropriate responses that will address the cause.
- Be able to assess the immediate lifesaving nutrition interventions needed (such as CMAM) in addition to the prevention activities (ENA, IFE, etc) that need to be implemented at the same time.
- Actively represent International Medical Corps in nutrition sector discussions and activities, serve as an International Medical Corps nutrition sector resource person, and display technical and organizational leadership in sectoral activity commensurate with the role as a primary resource person for nutrition on the International Medical Corps Emergency Response Team.
- Coordinate International Medical Corps’s nutrition response and recovery activities across a wide range of actors within International Medical Corps, donors, host governments, UN and NGO partners to ensure consistency of programming.
- Actively participate and represent IMC in country-based nutrition Cluster meetings.
- Develop the nutrition program strategies, with support from NFS, for the specific disaster response
- Assist in development of, or provide technical review for, emergency response proposals to be submitted by International Medical Corps to ensure that proposed activities and programs align with best practice in the nutrition sector. As appropriate, apply new developments in the nutrition sector to International Medical Corps programming.
- If appropriate during the response, provide technical support to assist in the development of disaster risk reduction programs that mitigate the effects of disasters on populations and communities; identify disaster mitigation measures, where appropriate, that could be linked to disaster response activities.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Nutrition degree or post nutrition graduate or public health/nursing qualifications (with significant nutrition experience);
- At least 5 years minimum experience internationally within developing country managing a nutrition programme, especially CMAM- IYCF and Food Security program;
- Experience in programmes with component of food voucher especially e voucher is mandatory;
- Experience in analysing and interpreting data and writing reports to high technical standard;
- Experience in training and mentoring of nutrition and health staff;
Involvement in the nutrition and food security cluster coordination and technical working groups to review and develop guidelines;
- Experience in PMD and reporting and proposal writing
- Experience of working in active and/or post conflict volatile contexts;
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, communication and networking skills. Good training and persuasions skills ;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt fast. Culturally sensitive and ability to work and remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team. Willingness and ready to travel and live in basic conditions;
Method of application
Interested and qualified Applicants should
Please share to friends