At Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited, we place premium value on the continual development of our people to position them for efficient and professional service delivery. We subscribe to the values of objectivity, fairness, integrity, diligence, and culture adaptation. These guiding principles equip and position the Phillips Outsourcing person for a lifelong rewarding work experience.
Beyond attractive packages, we harness diverse talent from different backgrounds and build same into one big professional family of enduring relationships and friendships. This diversity is also aggregated and transformed into a world-class team, built to surmount challenges and to deliver results in our chosen fields of play.
We expose our people to boundless trainings andbusiness opportunities and place them in an array of openings, globally. Phillips Outsourcing is committed to ensuring that its people are well-suited to provide customer satisfaction, bridge gaps, and achieve their set goals for the organisations they work for.
Our people are the reason for our success story as a brand. They equip our firm for greater accomplishments.
Job Title: Database Team Leader/SME
- Capacity Planning, Server Sizing for Database instance.
- Performance tuning, including server bottleneck.
- Enterprise policy management
- Plan , design and Rolling out new database service
- Plan Backup and recovery including disaster recovery and replication
- Develop and maintain database standards
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support on critical issues.
- Provide support to Senior Database Administrator to resolve issue.
- Managing Senior Database resource and work in critical issue towards closer.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Mandatory to have advance level Oracle /DB2 /SQL Server/My SQL & Unify Certification.
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert in Knowledge in managing complex databases instances.
- Telecom domain knowledge will have added advantage.
- Multi-node and multisite experience is must.
- Cloud exposure will be an advantage.
- Can guide and execute DB consolidation and virtualization.
- Hardware sizing, setting base line, Capacity Planning, Load balancing.
- Managed database team in past.
- Exposure to Database Audit.
- Previous experience with working in cluster environment.
- Expert level skills in SQL & Shell scripting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and the Spanish language (written and verbal)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, MSWord and Power Point
Minimum of 10 years of experience in database administration, relational database design and data warehouse applications and ETL processes etc
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org