Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer
Job Type:Full Time
Reports to Manager. Finance, Admin & HR
Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability, and Professionalism (LEAP) Africa, established in 2002, is a nonprofit committed to developing dynamic innovative and principled African leaders. We recognize that raising leaders is critical to nation building and wealth creation. Over the years, LEAP has inspired and equipped youth, business owners and social entrepreneurs to lead ethically while implementing initiatives that transform their communities and organizations for better; sustaining livelihood and contributing to national development. LEAP achieves this through its training programmes, publications, and most recently eLearning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the finance and budget activities of the department, including the preparation and revision of annual budget.
- Verify all expense claims to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided.
- Upon request, extract monthly financial reports of all active projects from the accounting/financial system.
- Ensuring that all cash and cheque payment requests are duly completed, certified and approved by authorized staff and all necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is done.
- Performing treasury transactions, monitoring the documentation and assuring its completeness in compliance with LEAP Africa’s and donors’ accounting procedures.
- Maintaining filing system for vouchers and all financial instructions/guidelines issued, and ensuring the documentation is regularly updated
- Maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing monthly bank reconciliation.
- Oversee the operation of office accounts, planning and monitoring of expenditure.
- Manage administrative relationships with vendors and suppliers and oversee supply and adequacy of office supplies.
- Coordinate the procurement of office equipment and asset and ensure proper maintenance and safety of the equipment and asset.
- Proper maintenance of office files including client, accounting and contract files (ease of retrieving information).
- Responsible for the sale of LEAP published resources across multiple channels andefficient stock management for LEAP’s books.
Key Competencies Required
- Works effectively with all stakeholders
- Committed to continuous personal development
- Responsible, takes initiative and drives high levels of performance
- Organized, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Displays mastery of subject matter
- Effective team player
- Good communicates written and oral skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Develops and follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement.
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines.
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures.
- Effectively applies knowledge of IOM policies and procedures in execution of responsibilities at appropriate levels.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office tools(Excel, Outlook, WORD etc.).
Technical, Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Three years of relevant experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of IFRS and prior experience in use of quick books and ERP software desirable.
- Experience in an office Admin role.
- Experience working for an NGO will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Complete the online form here by December 15, 2017
Send questions to email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacteded