At Phillips Outsourcing, we are committed to the ideals of diligence, resourcefulness, and performance. We are client-driven and daily combine our strength to deliver goals. Our clients trust us to provide quality standards, consistent with prevailing legislation and standard practice. They rely on our down-to-earth, practical, and realistic quest for global recognition while we constantly re-engineer to ensure their satisfaction.
Job Title: Database Administrator
- Proactively monitor the critical database systems and ensure minimum downtime
- Maintenance and improvement of databases including installation, configuration, upgrade, patches and bug fixes
- Performance tuning, including database/query tuning and re-writing SQLs
- Database development including writing and reviewing stored procedures
- Plan and execute Backup and recovery including disaster recovery and replication
- Database refreshes, data masking and schema patches
- Develop and maintain database standards
- Handle problem escalation with vendors as appropriate
- Oversee database security
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support with on-call rotation
- Provide support to Junior Database Administrator to resolve issue.
- Create knowledge base for DB Administrator on issue and resolution.
- Managing the Junior Database resource and assigning work.
Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
Mandatory to have Oracle /DB2 /SQL Server/My SQL & Unify Certification.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in managing very large databases instances.
- Identifying and execute the RDMBS upgrade.
- Working knowledge in cluster and HA environment.
- Installing and configuring report service.
- Ability to find server bottleneck.
- Database hardening experience.
- Telecom domain knowledge will be an advantage.
- Experience with DB consolidation.
- Expert level skills in SQL & Shell scripting
- Exposure to Database Audit.
- Ability to plan, document, and effectively implement projects and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and the Spanish language (written and verbal)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, MSWord and Power Point
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in database administration, relational database design and data warehouse applications and ETL processes etc.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org