ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees
Job title: Sales Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria,
As the Sales Specialist, you will be a part of the Electrification Product Division and Business Unit Protection and Connection based in Lagos, Nigeria. You will be responsible for creating and implementing the sales plan under his/her responsibility (by customers, consultants, partners, other relevant parties, etc.) to achieve key takeaway quality and quantitative targets (volume, revenues, product mix, price, area coverage and customer penetration, increasing market share, etc.) in a profitable way, with the specified customer(s) or area(s), according to the sales strategy. Building knowledge to have an in-depth understanding of your business area environment, regarding the customers’ and the competitors’, to be able to estimate the coming trends and market movements, and to provide input to ABB network regarding his/her customer`s portfolio.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Utilizing technical resources to support and secure sales development projects.
- Planning and executing promotional activities, such as technical seminars, in-house presentations, product demos and therefore educate customers and partners effectively. Implementing the best way of creating the request or need of the product/solutions in the market.
New product launches. Sales:
- Identifying new customers and take existing customers and partners through the complete sales process, including the delivery stage
- Creating offers and proposals based on input data and collaborate with Sales and Engineering.
- Identifying the potential buyers/customers, and preparing and implementing a customer visit plan to obtain deals.
- Ensuring cross-functional collaboration with Product management to explore new customer opportunities, and the channeling of customer needs and requirements back to Sales & Marketing team.
- Following up of the on-going orders & products in order to create additional deals from the customer.
- Anticipating customer needs by focusing on a proactive sales approach.
- Required to make sure that customer resolution cases have clear ownership and implementation.
- Sales Planning:Establishing the overall marketing & sales activities implementation plan by considering market trends, customers, competitors, industry and applications. Supporting pre-defined Sales and Marketing engagements.
- Will support business development by identifying and creating new business opportunities. Working closely with other ABB units in order to provide a complete and competitive solution, and must be able to identify additional opportunities for business growth.
- Providing regular reports of the sales, including sales activity, figures, lead management and opportunity tracking, to optimize sales results and to give information to the sales organization.
- Completing the reporting analyses, including customer’s potential, penetration index and number of yearly new/lost customers.
- Price Management:Achieving price targets and understanding the impact on the result. Identifying and monitoring the market price levels.
- Coordinating of price information across numerous functions. Customer Relationship
Management and Customer Satisfaction:
- Establishing a vision for committed, loyal, long-term customer relationships and implementing the necessary steps to reach the shared vision.
- Analyzing and updating customer information related to the customers, for example on customer’s processes, organization, projects, strategies and visions.
- Executing the regular customer surveys, and analyzing and following up on results.
- Maintaining team success by taking into account other functions and ensuring cross-collaboration.
- Required to continuously coach/develop their own and their team members’ technical knowledge and soft skills competences.
- Self-reflection on personal development and training needs by considering own knowledge and skills required for the role.
- Responsible for training and educating the customers and partners in his area.
Quality and Risk Management:
- Minimizing the risks regarding the agreements and offers, and to be fully compliant regarding the business ethics.
- Ensuring that all the processes, such as product launches and marketing-communication plans, customer training and sales people training and tasks are all properly organized, planned and followed up.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 2-5 years of experience in Sales role in the company of a similar field preferred.
- Several years’ proven experience in a Marketing or Sales role with a record of the high sales results would be considered.
- Proficiency in spoken & written English language is required.
Application Deadline; Not Available
Method of Application
Interested candidates should
Please share to friends