For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
We are recruting suitably qualified candidates to fill an opening
Do You Fit the Profile Criteria?
Job Title:Regional Nutrition and Health Coordinator
Location:Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria ·
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
developing a regional nutrition and health programming, coordinating effective technical program implementation and playing an active role in Action Against Hunger strategic engagement with the working groups at the regional (Yobe & Borno States) levels in Nigeria.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- To develop the emergency response strategy and support fundraising for Action Against
- Hunger’s Nutrition and Health programs in Northeastern Nigeria.
- To provide technical oversight of Action Against Hungers’s Nutrition and Health programming in Northeastern Nigeria.
- To ensure capitalization, learning and global reporting of all Nutrition and Health related activities across the region.
- To support proper and adequate resource management: HR, Finance and assets.
- To represent the department and the organization at state and LGA level and promote
- Action Against Hunger’s technical viewpoints, guidelines and methods of work.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional
- You have an advanced University degree (Masters) preferred in human nutrition, medical sciences or social sciences.
- You have a Minimum of 4 years of previous experience working with NGOs specifically in nutrition and/or health.
- You have advanced knowledge of N&H guidelines and procedures including those of donors and international standards (e.g. SPHERE).
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent Action Against Hunger appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic & can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
- You’re passionate to develop Nutrition interventions which have impact
- You have significant experience with INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies. Previous experience with partnerships and alliances is an asset.
- You have experience with nutrition and coverage surveys, and rapid nutrition assessments.
- You have experience with external representation and knowledge of Nut & Health Cluster mechanisms.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- You have a good understanding of Social Behavior Change and nutrition sensitive programming.
- You have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF,OCHA, CIDA, EU, DFID, USAID, etc.)
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
Paid annual leave (vacation)
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below to apply for the position. Be sure to fill in the Education history and Experience fields provided in the form. Applications submitted without this information will be automatically disqualified. Deadline for application submission is Dec 27th, 2017
Please share to Friends